Disciples Cross

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Purchased with a price.

What will you say when you are face to face with the one true God? What will you do, feel, see, think? Perhaps you already have it all planned out, maybe you have not given it much thought or don't know who the one true God is.

Maybe you don't think such a thing will ever happen, that there is some meaning to this life other than the here and now. I am not going to spend too much time trying to tell you all the reasons why you should believe and live for Jesus. Think of yourself as someone with a brain between you own two ears and realize truth. How did beautiful life of all sorts of forms get on volcanic islands like Hawaii, How does nature seem to have a perfect balance when natural law tends towards chaos. There mus be something greater than us, greater than this world and greater than the here and now.. Ask yourself this question "what if I was wrong?" You see because if I was wrong and there is something more; than what difference did it make; but I know that is not so. If you are wrong and there turns out to be a true God, what will save you. That being said: ponder a while and read on.

The other day I was on my way home and I saw a crimson moon. It sparked something strange in me. I thought "perhaps the Lord is coming," then something happened. I said to myself, "Not now, I have not yet fully repented." What a shocker... I a young pastor tooo am not perfect. I felt fully convicted of what had not yet been accomplished and what things had not yet been fully given up.

God knows our hearts, how would I have been able to stand before God with all of my conviction and guilt in the natural. I will tell you how. God's Grace will be ever evident. When I see the scars on His hands and feet I will see what a price was paid for me. My sins are as far away as the east is from the west and so are your. I must remind myself that I am a new and perfect creature every day and of the price that was paid for this new creation. Some say there is a great lake our past and repented sin is thrown into and a sign is put up saying "no fishing."

Paul states in the epistles, "do you not know you were purchased with a price." I Cor. 6:19-20 "19Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; 20you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body." and 7:22-24 "22For he who was a slave when he was called by the Lord is the Lord's freedman; similarly, he who was a free man when he was called is Christ's slave. 23You were bought at a price; do not become slaves of men. 24Brothers, each man, as responsible to God, should remain in the situation God called him to." Note this is a statement or rhetorical question. He was writing this letter to a church, no doubt; but God is speaking to the world though it.

I know any person who receives Christ in their life will be saved. Jesus already paid the price. This gift of eternal life is for everyone. Jesus said to follow Him is to take up you cross daily: Luke 9:23 "Then he said to them all: "If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me."

So when Jesus comes to establish His Kingdom, What will you say?

No comments: