Disciples Cross

Thursday, September 6, 2007

Open Doors!

One of the hardest things about being a Christian is learning to hear the voice of God. There are many times when we may think we know what God wants us to do and when we act, we fail. What's the deal? Are we missing the message, or is it really that difficult. Doesn't God want us to be the gloves on His hands?

I am going to be truthful with you; I too go through seasons of failure. I have been meditating on purpose for a while now. There are so many people, myself included; of whom want to be used in mighty ways. People possesing the gifts to do so, but it doesn't seem like the right doors open. I was browsing some old pictures and I found something revealing. God gave me the answer when I was not looking for it. It was a picture of a door, removed from it's hinge, beat up and against a wall. What does it mean?

I began to think about doors and what they represent: doors represent a paths or ways access, it is an obstacle in the way, an open door grants the ability to go through and follow the path or way it provides, and a closed door represents inability to do so.

God has spoken these two verses to me, in revelation over this picture; Revelation 3:8 (New International Version) "I know your deeds. See, I have placed before you an open door that no one can shut. I know that you have little strength, yet you have kept my word and have not denied my name." Matthew 7:7-8 (New International Version ) "7 ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. 8For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds;" This became something so profound in my life I cannot contain it; God is so amazing.

Here's the end result. I saw a picture of a beat up door which has been removed and placed against a wall; walls represent defenses by the way. I saw the beat up door and it reminded me of the constant petitioning/knocking I have done for an open door. Then I noticed the door was removed from it's original place. The door was no longer serving its purpose, the doorway was cleared of its obstacle. The wall was cracked and repaired and on the other side of the door, this represented a defense which is impenetrable and a path that goes no place. Finally God showed me that the picture represented a focus. I have spent all of this time banging on a door, focusing on what was in my way instead of the way I was pursuing. God had already done what He said He would do. The door was not only opened but it was removed, thus opening "a door that no one can shut," and "knock and the door will be opened to you." My problem was my focus, I was depending on myself and how I was going to move that door, not trusting that it was already taken care of and having something called faith. I now can look at a perfect open doorway; perhaps freedom really was just a perspective away.

God bless you all and take your eyes of the obstacle and put your trust in the path God is defining for you; He will provide and His word will not return to Him Void.

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Very nice analogy. :)