Disciples Cross

Sunday, September 2, 2007

Mission Statement.

I have had many people asking me, who I am and some what my purpose is in all of this. I feel it proper to post my mission statement. This statement is not unique to myself and should relate or help define God's purpose for all Christians.

Mark 12:33
"To love him with all your heart, with all your understanding and with all your strength, and to love your neighbor as yourself is more important than all burnt offerings and sacrifices." This is the calling God has on my life. I am to love God with all I have; truthfully I believe one never really owns a thing but their life. My reasoning is this: All the things in this world are but a whisper in the wind, hardly worth noting as anything significant in comparison to eternity. Things of this world will come and go. Things one acquires with money, work, and time which are not eternal, one does not own. For these things are left behind; "taken away," so to say, after their time comes. The only thing a person is given which will always be; no matter what ones choices are, is their being. Ecclesiastes 5:15 "Naked a man comes from his mother's womb, and as he comes, so he departs. He takes nothing from his labor that he can carry in his hand."

Having said this I ask myself this question, "whose life am I living?" Although this life is "my" life initially, God wants it all. I could offer Him my every success and act and give all the glory to God, but for me this is not enough. He wants everything.

It took me a while to understand this as a baby Christian but as He worked in me this question came to the surface and I needed an answer. Galatians 2:20 "I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me." This verse is so incredibly convicting to me. My life is no longer "my life", it is Christ's life now. Now He has it all and in good reason too. I say, "dying for me is what He did, living for Him is all I can do."

I fully submit my life to Him because He gave His for me, 1 John 4:19 "We love Him because He first loved us." Christ governs this life because He earned it with His life. My sacrifice is my own life, John 15:13 "Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one's life for his friends." I want to offer the greater love to Jesus.

In submitting this life to God it is my duty to follow his will. This is where Loving my neighbor comes in. This is the base of my ministry. All I can do is love. Loving my neighbor requires me to put them on a higher level than myself. If I know the joy Christ brings and I have blissful eternity, and I don't know if those around me do. Then I am convicted and motivated to allow the Holy Spirit to guide them to paradise (through me if it is His will), to allow Christ to lead them to him using me as a vessel of ministry. Loving them is giving them a chance to feel what I feel and know what I know, because I want them to experience it. This nation is in dire need of God, this world is in desperate need of Christ. It is my calling to offer my life as a utensil of outreach. Using my gifts to better the kingdom of God and lay up treasure in heaven.

I will endure as my God sustains me and fight the good fight, do the good will, and live the good life. I will submerge myself in the good word, seek goodness, and trust in goodness. For God Is GOOD.


If you have not written a mission statement for yourself, I encourage you to. It is something you can look back on to keep you on track and give you direction. Everyone was created with a purpose thus there is a mission. Seek the purpose and mission God has for you, write it down and keep it. Give it to your friends and let them know what you live for. If you like post your statement as a reply to this message so many more can check it out.

God Bless

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i really enjoyed what you wrote its helped me alot