Disciples Cross

Thursday, August 30, 2007

Surprise!

Hey Guys I have a prayer request. Today during worship practice my wife came and whispered something in my ear which made me throw my guitar in it's case and run off the stage. My wife is 32 weeks pregnant and came to tell me she needed to go to the hospital. What else was there to do. April had tears in her eyes, she was scared. It turned out to be a very small complication and the baby is still in there, praise God. Don't you love surprises? Pray that the rest of the pregnancy goes well and both April and our unborn child (Selah) maintain good health.

"Now, brothers, about times and dates we do not need to write to you, 2for you know very well that the day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night." 1 Thess 5:1-2 Tells us we will not be sure of the exact time of His coming. We are later told to be watchful however; so we will be prepared for the big surprise.

Just yesterday I was looking out towards Lake michigan on my way home from church and I saw what looked to be an orange clock tower through a silhouette of tree branches. After a closer look I noticed it was a crimson moon and it was very low, my response: "O' God, I have not yet fully repented." talk about conviction through God's creation. Needless to say I am writing this now and the rapture did not occur. Being watchful for Jesus' return is a great thing, make sure you are prepared and your heart is right. There is no guarantee of tomorrow, give your life over to Him and ask Him to make you without blemish because His coming is not something we can plan.

Typically I would write more but it has been a long night and I have to get up for work soon, so God bless.

No comments: